Sunday, July 17, 2011

How NOT to go CrAzY at Checkout

Guest Post: Lindsey at Saving $en$e

Your first shopping trips as a "CrAzY CoUpOn GiRl" (CCG) may be a little.... Should I say?... STRESSFUL! However, The more prepared you are beforehand, the easier it will be! And as soon as you push the cart out of the store after your first successful trip, and you experience that "high", you'll be hooked for good!

I have a few tips that will ensure that you are totally prepared:
1. Get Organized.
Make a list of what you want to buy.
(Include the item, price, and quantity).
Make sure that coupons are clipped, organized, & easy to get to.
2. Choose wisely the time of day that you shop.
Don't shop during the daily rush hour, if possible. 
You (and your checker) will be less stressed if there is not a line behind you.
I've found the best times to shop are early morning, early afternoon, or late night.
3. Just for moms:
Of course, It is much easier without the kiddos in tow.
However, that is not always the case.
So make sure they  have something to keep themselves occupied, so that you can stay focused.
4. Be friendly to your cashier.
Let them know that you will be using coupons.
If you planning on doing multiple transactions, let your cashier know. And ask if that's okay?
More than likely, they will be fine with it. I also tell them that I will get back in line, if I need to.
5. Cashier Profiling: Yes I do!
When I get ready to check out, I scan all of the available checkers to decide who will be a good one.
Judge me if you want, but if there are young, male checkers available... I go to them every time! They are generally easy-going and low maintenance. And I don't have to worry about explaining every word of fine print. They are usually impressed with our coupon savings, and want to know how to do it. While others, might be skeptical, thinking that the savings are too good to be true, so we must be trying to scam. I also don't want to go to anyone who looks miserable, or who is not smiling. (I don't want anyone to take their bad day out on my coupons!) So, YES I PROFILE! Once you become a regular, you will know whom to go to, and the good checkers will know you by name.
6. Store policy
Know your store's coupon policy, and keep a copy with you. Don't be afraid to show it off. Many times checkers are unaware of their store's policy. So keep this with you, and if any issues arise, you won't be too nervous to stand up for yourself. The best way to get what you want, is to bulk up on knowledge, and leave your ego at the door.
..............................................................................................................................................................


Start out small. 
Be Patient and friendly. 
Expect the best, but plan for the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment